Cedar homes are not the most popular style of home around so often people don’t even think about building a cedar home. They do offer some nice advantages for a low maintenance lifestyle if you are looking for that.
Advantages of a Cedar Home
- Cedar wood is long lasting and offers excellent resistance to rot, bacteria, fungi and mildew.
- Siding is very low maintenance and with regular cleaning and inspection can last for decades.
- Cedar has a natural beauty and appeal with a unique grain pattern that makes it resilient.
- Cedar is a very tough wood with a natural high resistance to splitting, swelling and bending. It is naturally resistant to rot and moisture problems but a protective finish can make it look better and last longer.
- Cedar is an environmentally friendly choice requiring minimal processing and treatment and is completely biodegradable once its used.
- The insulation level provided by cedar is far superior to other finishes and can save considerable energy year round.
Lindal Cedar Homes Offer a Superior Quality Product
- Lindal Cedar Homes offer a post and beam building system that creates an open, airy interior to showcase the beauty of the cedar.
- Lindal Cedar Homes are constructed with kiln-dried, premium grade Western red cedar.
- Lindal Cedar Homes was the first company to be Green Approved by the National Association of Homebuilders Research Center.
- The manufacturing process of Lindal Cedar Homes optimizes the use of material in the factory and greatly reduces on-site waste.
Buying or building a cedar home isn’t right for everyone but it’s definitely something to consider when you are shopping for your next home.